Generating more reviews for your e-commerce listings is crucial for building trust, increasing traffic, and driving sales volume. Reviews are a key factor in customers’ decision-making processes, and having a higher number of positive reviews can significantly impact your conversion rates. To help you increase reviews for your listings on platforms like Shopify, Amazon, Walmart, eBay, and Kroger, we’ve compiled the following best practices:
- Provide exceptional customer service: Ensuring customer satisfaction is the foundation of receiving positive reviews. Valet Seller already ensures that we are providing exceptional service and promptly addressing any issues your customers may have. Quickly responding to any inquiries we send you and accepting all return requests can increase the likelihood of customers leaving positive feedback.
- Follow up with customers via email: Post-purchase, Valet Seller sends customers a friendly email asking for their honest review of the product they purchased. If you have any past customers who may have purchased your products on your own site or marketplace in the past, you can also reach out to them again from your own domain to request they leave their honest feedback. Some marketplaces, such as Walmart, do not require a purchase for a customer to leave a review, which can help you build up reviews from past loyal customers.
- Create a product insert: Include a small card or leaflet inside your product packaging, kindly requesting customers to leave a review. This adds a personal touch and serves as a reminder for customers to share their thoughts on your product.
- Optimize your listings: Make sure your product listings are accurate, informative, and engaging. High-quality listings with clear images and detailed descriptions increase the chances of customers being satisfied with their purchase, leading to positive reviews.
- Respond to reviews: Valet Seller engages with customers who leave reviews, thanking them for their feedback, and addressing any concerns they might have. This demonstrates that we value their opinions and are committed to improving their experience. We recommend that on top of what Valet Seller is doing, you reach out to your website shoppers as well to thank them for their honest feedback.
- Use a review management tool: If you’re interested in utilizing additional tools and services that help streamline the review acquisition process, such as review management platforms, just let us know. At Valet Seller we work with a handful of brands that may be able to help us generate additional reviews.
Remember, it is against marketplace policy to incentivize reviews or offer payment or rewards in exchange for a review. Additionally, it is against Valet Seller policy to use any customer contact information for marketing purposes. Focus on providing an outstanding customer experience, and let genuine, honest reviews drive your online reputation and success.