Pros of Selling on Walmart.com
Currently, Walmart allows third-party sellers in 35+ product categories to offer their products on its Marketplace.
From apparel and accessories to gourmet food and from health and personal care products to jewelry and computers and sporting goods, almost everything can be found on the e-commerce Walmart Marketplace.
The change of guard at the top triggered several changes which have started to yield the desired results.
Walmart’s e-commerce sales grew at 43% in Q3, 2018 which is the sign of all things positive happening for Walmart.
There are numerous pros to selling on Walmart.com, especially in a society where 60% of shoppers prefer to buy generic brands.
1. No monthly or initial setup fees. Many other marketplaces, such as Amazon and Etsy, charge a monthly fee for owning a seller account.
2. A wider customer base. This State of the Inbound 2018 study found out that 61% of marketers consider attracting relevant audiences to their websites to still be the biggest challenge. Therefore, getting access to the 440 million+ customers who visit Walmart, gives your products an unprecedented exposure which otherwise is difficult to achieve.
3. Lower competition. The Walmart Marketplace does not have nearly as many 3rd party sellers as Amazon or eBay, giving room for more shoppers with less competition.
4. List on Walmart affiliate websites, such as Jet.com.
5. Authoritative and credible. Buyers are more likely to buy a product from a well known marketplace, such as Walmart, rather than a private website they have no experience with.
6. Effortless transactions include almost all forms of payment methods, making sure to result in conversions.
7. Mobile presence. Since Walmart has a great mobile app with an optimized buying journey, your potential customers can find your products when searching from their mobile/tablet, which is soon to become the most likely form of shopping.